"Wong, 56, spoke to Reuters about merging Hawaii’s diverse ethnic cooking styles into cohesive dishes, his dedication to promoting the islands’ produce, people, and culture."
Chef shared a simple 'Ahi Poke recipe with Reuters:
- 8 ounces sashimi-grade ‘ahi tuna
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely diced round onion
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (a paste made from red chilies)
- Cut the ‘ahi into 1/4- to 1/3-inch cubes.
- Season the ‘ahi with salt.
- Add the sesame oil and mix to coat well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Chef has an awesome blog worth following. It’s pure foodie porn with tons of travel stories and food pics.
Click share this, on the right, to LIKE this article on Facebook or TWEET it on Twitter!